Saturday 28 January 2012

Daredevil #6 Review

I haven't been a huge fan of this Daredevil series. I haven't minded it, but I haven't loved it either. That was, until now...

#6 of Daredevil is one of the best comics I've read this year. That's a big claim, but I think it's true. It just manages to do so many things right! Like what?

Well first, #6 sees the ending (more or less) of the current story arc. And what a way to finish it! This issue was action-packed and written expertly.
To top it all off, the art - which I wasn't a big fan of before - really came into its own this issue. There were some fantastic scenes in the duration of the issue - some of which really belonged in a movie.
The art still isn't perfect though, and although I prefer the likes of J. H. Williams III, it is growing on me.


I just hope that the story is revisited sometime in the not-too-distant future, because there's definitely a lot more to be done with this one. This is due to the way that it seems to leave some unanswered questions - while I normally hate this type of stuff - here it works well.
I just hope they actually do follow up on it - if they don't it would be a bit of a cop out.

But I think I'm going off on a tangent. The fact is Daredevil #6 is a fantastic end to an enjoyable story. The writing is perfect, and the art is great - plus, the door has been left open for a follow-up story sometime in the future.
You need this one in your collection!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.